Angels are messengers from God. They protect us, guide us, or carry out other heavenly tasks.
Therefore, angel dreams symbolize a greater force that is watching over us, directing us, sheltering us, or trying to show us something important, which is hidden. The important part about angel dreams, is in translating the message within, based on what is currently happening in our spiritual and physical life.
The message can be a shared joy of something divine that has happened, a blessing of good things to come, or a warning of something we should prepare for.
Interpreting Our Dream About Angels
To interpret our dream, we want to pay special attention to the angels.
- What were the angels wearing? What is the color and texture of their wings?
- What were the angels carrying?
- Is there only a single angel or multiple angels?
- Are our dream angels male or female?
- What were the actions or expressions of the angels?
What were the angels wearing
The color and material of the angel’s clothes and wings, are part of the message that they convey.
- White clothes and wings indicate purity, peace, blessings, and rejuvenation. We may be at peace with ourselves and our life. Alternatively, the white angels may be telling us that to achieve inner peace, we need to seek greater spiritual support, need to be cleansed, and need to focus on the purity of our actions.
- Colorful clothes and wings suggest playfulness and joy. We may be looking forward to something happy and hopeful in our future, which could be a new relationship, new job, promotion, inheritance, or some other good fortune.
- Black clothes and wings signal a warning of some kind. Our physical or spiritual well-being could be in danger, we could be burdened by sin or guilt, and we may need to take some action to heal ourselves.
What were the angels holding
The items held by the angels or carried on their person, will also have great significance. We want to examine each object carefully, explore what each of them symbolizes, as well as what they each mean to us.
- Objects of knowledge such as a book or scroll, indicates greater clarity for the future, and confidence in our actions.
- Objects of war such as a sword or staff, signals that we may be experiencing some inner turmoil in our life or some disturbance in our soul. We may need to do battle to regain our spiritual equilibrium.
- Objects of love and peace such as an olive brand or a dove implies hope, care, devotion, and self-sacrifice. We may have a difficult journey ahead of us, but we have faith in a brighter future.
- Food and drink suggests that we are in need of spiritual nourishment. We may be feeling depleted and tired as a result of our daily struggles. The angel may be telling us that we need to take some time for ourselves, and refocus on our inner self and spiritual well-being.
Number of angels
- A single angel indicates a purity of purpose and action. We need to cast off distractions, and focus on the thing that is most important to us.
- Three angels signals harmony, completeness, and the divine. Indeed, the triad or trinity is a powerful symbol with deep roots in culture and history. In Greek mythology there are three Fates, the triad also plays a central role in Celtic religion, and of course, there is the Holy Trinity. Therefore, a message carried by three angels is very potent, and may involve all of our body, mind and spirit.
- Multiple angels suggest good fortune, divine support, or spiritual fortitude. Angels guard and guide us. Therefore, having multiple angels watching over us, is a sign of great protection, and also an indication of a promising future.
If we are one of the angels in our dream, then likely, we have done something good and pure, we are planning to embark on a journey of spirituality, or planning to do God’s work.
Male or female angels
- Femininity is associated with the Venus symbol, which captures love, beauty, prosperity, and fertility.
- Masculinity is associated with the Mars symbol, which captures war, savagery, guardianship, and virility.
The masculinity or femininity of the angels in our dreams, also constitutes part of the message that they carry.
Actions, expressions, and environment
Finally, actions and expressions are also important. What did the faces of the angels convey, and how did we feel in their presence?
- A calm expression indicates that we are looking for some peace and quiet. Our life may be hectic at the moment, and we may need some protection from our daily noise and activity. We may be seeking sanctuary, some time for reflection, or spiritual comfort.
- A happy expression signals that we are feeling confident about our present and future. It may also signify a recent positive achievement, or the expectation of some imminent good news.
- A sad expression suggests future challenges and possibly heartache. However, we have a guardian angel watching over us, so we will ultimately prevail.
- An angry expression implies some mistake, wrong-doing, or sin. We need to admit our mistake, make amends, and try to do better in the future.
Similarly, the actions of our dream angels also carry meaning. An angel that is brandishing a sword in warning, will have a different message than one who is handing us his sword, or one who is standing still, with his sword pointed to the ground.
If we are being handed something, then we may need to perform an important task, or go on a quest for our spiritual well being. The nature of the task or quest will rely on the object handed to us. On the other hand, an angel standing with his sword pointed down, may be guarding us from something. Perhaps we need to be vigilant, check our spiritual defenses, and watch out for sinful temptations that may lead us astray.
Actions may also indicate immediacy of the message, in particular, whether we need to attend to it very soon, sometime in the near future, or NOW!
The environment surrounding our angel is also important. An angel standing in the middle of a storm, signifies spiritual turbulence, whereas one who is standing in a calm pool of water, signifies peace and relaxation.
Are Dream Angels Real?
When we dream of angels, there is always the question of whether the angels are real and sent by God, or whether they are a manifestation of our subconscious mind.
Studies show that a large percentage of Americans believe in angels.
- A poll in 2008 by the Baylor University Institute for Studies of Religion, shows that 55% of 1700 respondents, believe that they were protected from harm by a guardian angel.
- A 2007 Pew poll revealed that a whopping 68% of respondents believe that angels or demons are active in our world. Up to 20% describe encounters with either a heavenly or demonic being.
However, some argue that angel dreams and visitations are the result of our subconscious mind only. They further propose that visitations that occur during the day could be the result of lucid dreaming. It could also be the result of a hallucination or trance.
Are angels real?
As with all things spiritual, that is difficult to prove or fully disprove. The belief in angels, I think, is a very personal thing.
However, if through belief we gain hope, solace, and spiritual strength, then isn’t that the very purpose of an angelic guide and protector? And if so, then perhaps angels exist within us, if we but dare to see.
Years ago, I dreamt of multitude of white-winged humungous creatures. They’re like giants-magnificent yet terrifying at the same time in their beautiful armed garments. I can’t distinguish if they’re male or female but most had long hairs and a bit robust. They flew all over the ocean while us, the humans picked seashells. These beings were busy with scrolls while discussing with one another. They organized the humans in 3 different boats. Then I overheard them talked that the black winged one is about to come to look for his. We felt afraid. Then, I moved from one ship to a better one. I felt guilty for shifting my ride 🙂 But the creatures flew and watched over the ships.
I’d recently purchased a dream catcher in the hope’s that I’ll sleep better at night. That same night, I wasn’t necessarily having a nightmare, but it was certainly bizarre. Idk, it just felt like a normal day. Then all of a sudden I was in the sky, surrounded by grey clouds (which look exactly like the ones I woke up to) and this being approached me. It was tall, shrouded in black and had four great black wings the shone blue and purple and green. They didn’t seem to have facial features but I remember them having four big black eyes. They weren’t evil or even remotely menacing. They seemed curious, almost childlike. I oke up and realized I wasn’t afraid of this being, but curious. I’ve dreamt of horrible things in the past, monsters and demons alike. Why was this different?
Hi. I had a dream about angels lots of them. Seeing them coming down and looking at something and then flying off. I felt very over welmt cos I saw angels. Then across me came the statue of liberty out of mud. I couldn’t understand why that. Cos I live in South Africa. Then I woke up. Please help.
Today I dreamed about being in Prision for 3 days because I made some objects dirty, but I refuse to believe that I went to jail because I made some objects dirty, it’s probably because I killed so many people the dreams before and I probably wasn’t in jail for only 3 days, because there was a calender hung on the wall with a lot of paper sheets being ripped off, it was day 27. I was sitting on a bench in my cell figuring out, what I should do because the day is long and I have nothing but a bench and a calander in my cell. So I lay down and sleep, when suddenly two angles appear, they look drawn but in an antique kind of way, like these paintings from 1000 BC, their clothes were golden and white, they were females and told me about how I can be free from this jail but I would have to give up a lion, that is strongly involved with the humans, so there’s some sort of important lion that would have to be abondoned if I want to be free. I didn’t have a clue what kind of lion they were talking about and then got flashbacks from a gray cat that was part of our family and a kitten from that cat that was gifted to my grandparents (funfact: we never had a cat). So I was just confused, the dream in my dream stopped and some random prisoner inmate just smiled at me and told me that it was all him, I asked him about the angels and he had no clue what I was talking about. He was the narroter that’s it, he told me that I just halluzinated. So I woke up and yeah I’m not in prison (Idk if it’s important but I attempted suicide the day I dreamed about this so maybe there’s a connection to that idk I don’t care it’s just confusing).
Well I dreamt me n my family were outside our house n I saw an angel,but itwas a Bby wit wings,like d baby angel at d garden of eden n one of our close family friends I can’t remember d person wanted to kill d angel n I refused n I went to my home n saw another baby angel n some angel in a place like a cupboard,it’s like dey were trapped trying to escape n one of them was very big n fat as if it wanted to explode n thAT same person was insisting on killing d angels n ran to bring something to kill it,I refused n woke up
Last night I dreamt that I was with my love in a big house but for some reason it felt like it was like a castle And I was exploring around the house alone while everyone else did something else then one second I hear this loud sound like ringing outside and I run outside to it to listen to it better and I stood at the end of the Road next to the Bright green grass and in front of me all I seen was females looking at the same thing , there was rows of us and we just stared at the sky . Towards the end we started earning everyone a flood was coming and that we had to start packing and leaving after my love asked what that was and I explained that it was the angels talking To us and warning us….
I’m confused but stuck on this dream so much someone please help me find out a meaning because I’m really curious and won’t stop thinking about it
Patricia Mostert says
I want to know what my dream mean
I dreamt of a Multi number of Angels on clouds, not sure if they were male or female, all dressed in white.. coming down to earth, also between them is Jesus, but in my dream he has wings, like a gold colour wings, the most beautiful ones I’ve ever seen, also coming down?? As they come I am so happy. Then as they are coming I wake up
I dreamt a grey cherub flew past my window came in through my window as it was open flew round my room it then landed at the side of my bed and started come towards me I panicked and my partner woke me up as I started to make panicking sounds getting louder as it scared me? Any ideas what this means or what it was about?!
This morning I dreamed me and a love one that recently pass was in the middle of the ocean! it was a ocean full of newborn babies just floating around…i looked up in the sky and saw two babies angles smiling down at me and at that moment a baby with a bright light around him started swimming toward me I picked him up it almost felt as if God was present but I didn’t see him I only felt him through the baby…is this a good or bad dream? What is the meaning of this dream?
I dreamt about multiple Angels sending pure soul into the heaven. There are a white,some sort of a wind that’s sending them from the earth to the sky(heaven) . The angels was wearing all white, wings white and a music instruments.
Christopher Peoples says
Hi My name Christopher Phillip Thomas Peoples and when I was in 6th grade i came home one day and i saw a feather and i asked my grandpa was their birds in the house he said no and that it could be a angel and i felt excited and i saw more and more around the house. Then one night i had a dream, The beggining of the dream I was floating in the sky but there were no clouds and it was sunset but they had stars all around me and i was jus floating feeling calm and peaceful. Then I was in my garage and when i came out i saw a white angel in a robe on a cloud and it was day time but when it lifted up it hand and then brought it down it became nightime and i got scared and ran inside the house to tell my mom and grandpa i saw a angel. The second dream was during the summer when i started to lose faith in my guardian angel and god because i felt they wasnt their for me. And i was dissapointed because i was trying to get closer with my guardian angel and never knew its name and i felt it didnt talk to me n matter how hard i tried to listen. Then i felt as if i wasnt worthy and i started cryin and fell alseep then suddenly i was in the clouds and a yellow light zoomed toward me and I woke up.
I’ve been seeing black feathers everywhere the past couple of days. I scearched on the meaning of black feathers and the words protection and safety came up.
In my dream he had black wings, black hair, black clothes and very dark eyes, but he looked innocent, he didn’t do anything, he just stood there at watched me, I got scared and ran away from him but he followed me, then I came to a mirror, and I saw that he was standing right behind with his black wings covering me, I locked eyes with him in the mirror, and then I woke up, I was pretty scared in the dream but tried to stay calm.
I also have been scearching on Google “who is my guardian angel by birth date” and apprently my birth date angel is Uriel or Eyael.
I’m really confused.
I dreamt an angel querubin handed me a white flower. And now I’m just trying to look for the meaning why that querubin angel gave me a white flower.
I had a dream that me and my mother was at home and my son, yet he was not my son in my dream, told me to come here. I looked out the window and at first I saw 3 white clouds that were angels and they had a baby face and then I saw two adult angels in the clouds. Then all of a sudden they turned into human form flying around and I saw them come down. I told my mom to come here, so was looking and then turned around and told me that you know they can touch u you our soul. I told her I know, then a male angels came toward use and me and my mom started hugging each other; the male angel had a card in his hand, he calmly asked for the person on the card. I heard the name clearly and still remember it, the angel was wearing a red and blue shirt with kaki pants. Once he said the name I woke up.
Can anyone explain
In my dream i was living a good life and an angel came to me it told me that he had to take me with him to the heavens and it’s kinda important and I was given the choice To make the decision, but I dnt want to leave my family and everything but I also felt like I should go.. and I woke up feeling very confused…
Tysheyanna West says
i dont necessarily remember my dream but i do remember angels falling from the sky and as they are coming they are dropping this white looking kind of dust and as the dust is falling the people are falling peacefully on the ground . the way that it was going was like it was coming down the line but before it could finish , i woke up . can anyone tell me what that dream means exactly ?
i have had many different dreams about angels specifically and cant seem to figure out what they all mean …
This is the 3rd time that i had dream that an angel smile and held my hand
Last night i dreamt about a demon eating me. After a while i myself turned into an angel. I was wearing a white gown and had white wings. What does this signify?
I dreamt that I was passing through a tunnel, and a man came to my car and asked me for money. I refused to give him money but later I felt bad, so I called him back to give him the money then when he turned his face, his countenance changed, he was all in white. I got down and there were many angels all in white smiling at me. I felt so much happiness and joy inside. The angels were middle aged and young. Then among them one nice gentleman in a sea blue suit with a Bible in hand congratulated me. I was so happy and i said, God I have seen an angel, thank you Lord.
Then I woke up. What is the meaning of this dream. Thank you.
In 2016 I had a dream even now it comes to my mind… I saw a big river.. After a minute the river started shaking and it exploded, the water started flowing fast like tsunami coming towards us.. With my fear I started panicking where should I hid I looked back I saw the houses was not far from me so I ran in the house trying to hide myself again I looked back I saw the water was reduced the speed and it was coming like a stream water till it stopped near our compound… I was not alone it was like a compound many people stayed around so everyone was panicking like me.. OK after that I saw the sky was open and I saw Angels 3 of them line up holding the chat papers, on those chat papers something was written on it but I couldn’t see the words because of panicking to hide myself the time I wanted to focus and read the words past.. It was like the were scrolling the chats so I could see anything the words on chat…